This past Friday, I attended a talk called “State of Public and Private Blockchains” by C. Mohan (one of the founding fathers of SQL). I learned a lot at this talk and I wanted post it to my blog before I forget some of the details.
- Double spend issue comes up because transaction speeds are too slow
- Cutting down on the number of transactions cuts down on the processing time of all transactions.
- Define non-deterministic behavior
- Bitcoin exchanges == banks
- SAP thrived because they prepackaged the database solution so that SME didn’t have to write their own system.